/ Id-Extras Forum / How to spawn pages using script on a button in InDesign through FormMaker to PDF / Reply To: How to spawn pages using script on a button in InDesign through FormMaker to PDF

~~Ariel~~
Participant

Hi Keltexan,

This is an excellent question.

After playing around with the various possibilities, it seems, unfortunately, that it is not currently possible to create template pages (that is, mark pages as being templates) with FormMaker. (I was hoping to do something clever with a document script.)

Acrobat enforces this restriction for security reasons (not sure what the specific risk here is, TBH).

Adding a feature to FormMaker to allow the user to mark pages (in InDesign) as template pages is a great feature request, though, and something I will definitely put on the to-do list for a future update.

If this is an urgent need for you and would save lots of time and money, I’ll be happy to quote you for creating a custom version of FormMaker that would make it possible.

So, meanwhile, what you can do is add custom scripts to button events with FormMaker, using the spawn() method as you show above. But the actual step of turning certain pages into template pages will still need to be done manually in Acrobat.

Ariel