/ Id-Extras Forum / LineNumbers problem / Reply To: LineNumbers problem

#7685
Gopa Campbell

    Ah — I didn’t know about the object style. I see now that the problem is that the box the line numbers are in do not have that object style. The style is the list of object styles, but does not have the stylesheet definition attached to it. So I fixed that and then did “replace numbers,” and and everything worked fine. I am still curious why this happens with long documents. I can’t actually send you the document as it would be a huge breach of ethics with the publisher. What I did do was strip out all the text — it was continuous from beginning to end–and replace all 792 pages  with “placeholder text.” to which I applied at least one of every style sheet. (There are 42 styles.) This time LineNumbers worked correctly, so I’m guessing there was some strange error in the original text. Thank you for taking the time with me. I tend to get a little forensic with these things, but since I don’t know how to write scripts, I am at a bit of a loss when troubleshooting.