/ Id-Extras Forum / Accumulation of error in the Console

• Author
  • #7389 Reply
    proy_1973
    Participant

I’m a new user of FormMaker Pro. Everything works perfectly, but I’m also new at JavaScript, so I often have to debug my code. I wrote some straightforward code that didn’t work, so I tried to verify with the console. There, I saw there were numerous errors across other fields. I tried to put that code between /* */ to deactivate it, then I removed the code altogether, and then I even saved my pdf without going through FormMaker, just to see if the errors persist. Even without code, the console still shows the same errors. And in the InDesign file itself, I can set the calculation order for scripts that I removed completely. Is there a way to purge the file from its scripts to start on fresh premises?

#7434 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for leaving a comment, and sorry for the delay in replying.

I’ve updated FormMaker to deal with the issue of leftover field calculations better, and I hope to publish this update in the coming week.

It would be very helpful if you could send me the problematic InDesign file you have (if you still have it – I gather it was a test file) so I can do some extra testing on it.

Thanks,

Ariel

#7435 Reply
        proy_1973
        Participant

Thanks. Some of the problems came from my inexperience in dealing with the console in Acrobat, and some others were solved when I began to refresh the FormMaker window at each work session. So I’m good now, and the update will prevent further problems.

Now, the main problem I have is that scripts that work in Acrobat Pro are broken in Reader. For some reason, it appears that Reader doesn’t recognize scripts at the document level, so all my variables are not declared. If you have a clue for me, I’d be grateful.

#7448 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

Glad to hear the initial issue is sorted. I think that the update should prevent that sort of thing happening going forward.

Re. the second issue, I was not aware that Reader does not support document scripts. It would be really useful if you could share the InDesign file with me so that I can test. Or the PDF too.

I’d also be happy to do a screenshare if you think that might be helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Accumulation of error in the Console
          Your information: