/ Id-Extras Forum / AutoFlowing Text to Every OTHER Page

• Author
  • #6161 Reply
    Dove Press
    Participant

Ariel,
      I’m putting together a document with Hebrew on one side (of the spread) and English on the other. What’s the simplest way to autoflow the Hebrew (right) of the spread to every other page?
      I can’t seem to get InDesign to do it using a primary text frame on the recto Master.
      Do you have any tips on that? It would be ideal to have a quick way to paste-and-autoflow all the Hebrew on one side of the spread, while autoflowing all the English on the other side.
      Thanks,
      Daniel

#6287 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Daniel,
        I don’t think it’s necessary to use primary text frames for this.
        Create a master spread with 2 pages. Add a (regular) text frame on each page of this spread. Do not thread them together, each should remain separate.
        Go to page 1 of the document (or maybe page 2, if you want facing text). It should now be possible to place your text and autoflow it as usual, and because there is already a text frame on the master page, InDesign knows to auto flow the text into that frame only, so it skips a frame.
        Does that work?
        Ariel

#6288 Reply
        Dove Press
        Participant

Yes.
          Thank you Ariel. I don’t know what I’d do without ID-Extras to help me.
          Your amazing scripts are also an integral part of my workflow – they’re rock-solid and they do exactly what they promise.
          D.

#6289 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

Thanks Daniel – very glad to hear it!
            Ariel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Reply #6289 in AutoFlowing Text to Every OTHER Page
          Your information: