/ Id-Extras Forum / Custom “Auto” font size

• Author
  • #7314 Reply
    Justin M

I have a niche need, where 12.345 is too large of a font for my default text box values to export correctly from InDesign into “Auto” on acrobat.

Is it possible to set a smaller font like 1.234 to be the flag for “Auto” font size?

I don’t need to be able to read it in InDesign as the default value is autofilled from another script, I just need it to not cut off half way through. Changing the box size is unfortunately not an option.

#7316 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi Justin,

Are you using FormMagic or FormMaker?

It would be possible to prepare a custom version to get 1.234 to be a trigger (or, actually, I could probably make them both a trigger).

But before I do that, I’m wondering why it actually should make a difference: If you’re saying that you don’t need to be able to read it in InDesign as it is autofilled, what’s wrong with 12.345? Even if you don’t see the text in InDesign, I think it should be populated with the defaul text in Acrobat?

Ariel

#7318 Reply
        Ariel
        Keymaster

Ok, I take that back. It seems that overset text is not included as default text when exported to interactive PDF with FormMagic.

#7320 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

So I guess my question is, would it work for you if, instead of also creating 1.234 as a trigger size, FormMagic would simply include any overset text as part of the default text in a text field?

#7324 Reply
            Justin M

Yup! That would work too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #7316 in Custom “Auto” font size
            Your information: