/ Id-Extras Forum / Form Maker Error – Not accepting keystrokes sometimes

• Author
  • #6215 Reply
    Kira.Young
    Participant

Hi,

My team and I use FormMaker and it has been awesome and saved us a ton of time on our forms as they are fairly complex and use a lot of JavaScript and arbitrary masks. We’ve began noticing a weird error though.

Occasionally, the FormMaker plugin dialog box for entering scripts stopped accepting keystrokes, only mouse input. So we could copy and paste if you used right click > paste, but not using CTRL+V. I haven’t been able to establish a firm reason the keystroke input stops being accepted, but it generally happens while entering keystroke scripts applied to a form field.

Has anyone else run into this error?

#6461 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Kira,

What version of InDesign are you using, and what operating system (Mac, Windows) and version?
        Also, what exact version of FormMaker are you using?

Ariel

#6606 Reply
        Kira.Young
        Participant

Hi Ariel,

This has happened with the last several versions of InDesign but I am currently running v 17.01. I am on a windows machine running Windows 10 enterprise and my FormMaker version is 3.0.8

Thanks,

Kira

#6610 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

Hi Kira,

Does this happen consistently, or only sometimes?

I have the same setup as yourself (Windows 10 and 17.01) and it’s not happening to me. But I definitely recall it happen occasionally in the past.

By the way, the latest version of FormMaker is 3.1.0. It may be worth downloading that and seeing if it fixes the problem.

Ariel

#6611 Reply
            Kira.Young
            Participant

Hi Ariel,

It happens fairly consistently, but not all the time and I’m not 100% sure what action causes it. It most consistently happens while applying a javascript to make keystrokes all caps to the custom keystroke script section.

I will also try updating FormMaker and see if that fixes anything.

Thanks,

Kira

#6614 Reply
              ~~Ariel~~
              Participant

I’ve seen the behaviour myself, but I’m not managing to replicate it.

Let me know if 3.1.0 fixes it for you.

Does it happen with a specific document, or with all docs?

If there’s a specific document where you’re seeing it happen, I’ll be happy to take a look if you email it to me.

Ariel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Form Maker Error – Not accepting keystrokes sometimes
              Your information: