/ Id-Extras Forum / Formatting text

• Author
  • #7313 Reply
    treis24
    Participant

Hi there, I am testing the formmagic free version to see if it will do the job for me before I purchase. I have tried for hours to get some paragraph styles and formatting set but it just is not working . I have tried following the instructions and the text will not indent for me .

Not sure if there are some examples I can look at? Are there.

I am just trying to have text at a certain font, size and away from the form field keyline.

#7321 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi,

As I mentioned privately via email, I’ll be happy to schedule a quick screenshare to get you up and running with FormMagic.

When it comes to formatting your text fields in InDesign, setting the font size, font type, and color is a straightforward process. You can achieve this by applying the required formatting to your text fields using a paragraph or character style, or through direct formatting.

However, setting an indent is a bit different because Acrobat does not support indents for text fields. To achieve an indented effect, you can simply resize or move the text field in InDesign a little to the right. If you have given each field in your design an outline or background, you will need to create a separate element in InDesign and push the rectangle or shaded area a little to the left.

You can find more information on the formatting properties that can be applied with FormMagic on the Help page (https://www.id-extras.com/help/formmagic/) under Section 1. In general, FormMagic supports almost anything that Acrobat itself supports.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Formatting text
      Your information: