/ Id-Extras Forum / FormMaker feature requests

• Author
  • #6211 Reply
    mikek
    Participant

Hi Ariel,
      I use FormMaker all the time, it saves me hours of work. Thanks for the great plugin!
      I had a couple feature requests that would make it even better for me and maybe lots of people.

First, after exporting a PDF from InDesign, I always run FormMaker from Acrobat, and then Purge the FormMaker data. I’m sure there’s a case where someone might not want to purge, but that’s got to be the overwhelming minority of uses. Is it possible to make the default FormMaker menu item automatically purge and without additional confirmations, dialog windows, etc?

Also, I think I brought this one up before as a question, can you add Document Actions? I always turn off the ugly field highlighting when the user opens the PDF, so I like to turn make the document turn it back on with WillClose script.

Thanks!

#6454 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you’re finding FormMaker useful, it’s a great product!

(1) Regarding purging the data by default: The reason I didn’t do this is in case people want to play around with the form in Acrobat, fill it in and then reset it by running FormMaker again on it. If the data is purged, this wouldn’t work.
        Having said that, I hear your suggestion. There should definitely be at least an option to run it by default.

(2) Document actions: Another good feature request! There is a workaround, meanwhile, though. Add a document script that will itself add a document action. You can do this with FormMaker by adding the following document script (this will turn on field highlighting when the PDF is closed in Acrobat):

Code:
        this.setAction(“WillClose”, ‘app.runtimeHighlight = true;’);

So when you run FormMaker in Acrobat, this will actually become a document “willClose” action script.
        Then, before you actually distribute the PDF (at the same time as running the “purge” command!), you will probably want to delete this document script (leave the action, of course, but delete the script) as it is no longer necessary. (This last step is not essential, I guess, but it’s tidier.)

Ariel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #6454 in FormMaker feature requests
      Your information: