/ Id-Extras Forum / Getting error when creating New Preset

• Author
  • #7355 Reply
    mrsbuzzbee
    Participant

I’m trying to use the New Preset button to save my settings, but keep getting “Unable to save preset!” What am I doing wrong?

#7357 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi,

(1) If you close Extract Pages and reopen it, do you find that the new preset is actually there, or is there really no sign of it?

(2) In what Script Panel folder have you put the script? There are 2. One is the one that is shown when you right click on the “User” folder in InDesign’s Scripts Panel. The other can be found if you right-click on the “Application” folder in the Scripts Panel (and choose reveal in Finder/Explorer). Try putting Extract Pages in Scripts Panel folder in the Applications folder, and see if it works.

Ariel

#7358 Reply
        mrsbuzzbee
        Participant

No, it doesn’t save the Preset anywhere. I have the Extract Pages jsx file in the Applications > Adobe InDesign 2023 > Scripts > Scripts Panel folder. Should it I try it somewhere else?

#7359 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

Perhaps try running it from here:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 18.0-ME/en_US/Scripts/Scripts Panel

(although it is less likely that that would work, to be honest).

#7360 Reply
            mrsbuzzbee
            Participant

I tried it there and it wouldn’t even run. The Script runs and works perfectly where I have it “Applications > Adobe InDesign 2023 > Scripts > Scripts Panel folder”. I just cannot create presets, which I really need! Would it be a permission issue by chance? If so, do you know what I would need to check to make sure I have permission to save the preset… where do those get stored?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #7359 in Getting error when creating New Preset
            Your information: