/ Id-Extras Forum / How to enter excel list in drop down menu

• Author
  • #6642 Reply
    Nik

Hi, Ariel

Is there is any way yo enter automatic excel list of items with more than 200 position in Drop down menu. I dont want to enter it one by one.

Thank you

#6643 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Nik,
        You can use the method described here: https://www.id-extras.com/forums/topic/formmaker-pro-combo-box-export-values/
        Ariel

#6645 Reply
        nikolayU
        Participant

Hi, Ariel

Thank you.

I am sure that this will work because i know that after you make it it will work

The problem is that  i can understand where you add the list item coming from Excel

I create one combo field with  Form Maker and i name it “Country 1” and i have a excel with 24o country type one under another…..where in your script i have to paste the list which i will copy from the Excel

Thank you

#6646 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

You have to convert the Excel list to a single line that looks like this:

var l = this.getField("ListBox");
            l.setItems(["One", "Two", "Three"]);

… where, instead of “ListBox”, enter the name of your field, and instead of “One”, “Two”, “Three” replace it with your list from Excel.

As described in the post I linked to, this should be added as a Document script in FormMaker, and that Document script should be removed (in Acrobat) before you distribue the final PDF.

This is a workaround, but it makes it a lot easier than using InDesign’s UI for the task.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #6645 in How to enter excel list in drop down menu
          Your information: