/ Id-Extras Forum / Hyperlink Pro not working on new document

• Author
  • #6165 Reply
    attroll
    Participant

I have run into an issue with trying to run Hyperlink Pro 2.1.5.
      I think it may have something to do with the most recent update of InDesign CC but I am not sure if this is what is causing it.
      It could be something I am doing wrong, but I have never had this issue before.

Let me explain.
      I created a new documenting in InDesign.
      Once I created the document, I tried to run Hyperlink Pro 2.1.5 on it and could not get it to work as it has in the past.
      When I go to choose the character style in Hyperlink Pro, it does not show the hyperlink style in the drop-down menu any longer.
      In the past that was always an option that was there. However, this option does not exist anymore.
      Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone please help me?

#6306 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi,

Does the “hyperlink” character style exist in your document?
        Often, especially when importing a Word document I think, you’ll find that there is already a “hyperlink” character style in the document.
        But if, for whatever reason, that character style is not there, simply create one before running Hyperlink Pro. Of course, you don’t have to use any character style at all, but assuming you want the text to look different, e.g. with an underline, or whatever, create a character style, call it anything you like [it doesn’t have to be called “Hyperlink”], and select it from the dropdown menu in Hyperlink Pro.
        Does that help?

Ariel

#6307 Reply
        attroll
        Participant

Thank you very much.
          That was exactly what the problem was.
          I cured this so that I would not run into this in the future.
          I created a default character style that will be in every new document that I create.
          Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        Reply To: Reply #6307 in Hyperlink Pro not working on new document
        Your information: