/ Id-Extras Forum / IBAN fillable field with required exact number of digits

• Author
  • #6636 Reply
    Nikolay

Hi

I have to make a fillable field for IBAN information.

I want the letter to be all capital and with exact number. Can you tell em how to define this in a field.

#6637 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Nikolay,

There are several ways of doing this, but the simplest and most correct is to use an “arbitrary mask”.

Create a text field, and in FormMaker, click on the Format tab. From the Category dropdown, select “Special”. Then select the last item in the list there, “Arbitrary Mask”.

You can now type in the permitted format for this field. Adobe Help shows what signs are allowed and how they work: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#:~:text=AM%20or%20PM.-,Special,-Zip%20Code

I’m not sure what the exact structure of an IBAN number is, but if it begins with 2 letters followed by 2 digits, followed by 4 letters, followed by 24 digits, grouped in groups of 4, something like this might work:

AA99 AAAA 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999 99

Does that help?

#6639 Reply
        nikolayU
        Participant

Hi, Ariel

Thank you…..i will try it and let you know.

#6640 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant
            #6641 Reply
            nikolayU
            Participant

Hi, Ariel (…you life saving person…)

About the Capital Letters problem:

You have to use this code as the custom Validation script: event.value = event.value.toUpperCase();

About the the exact number of digits:

What you say work very well, but you need to be sure where is number where is letter.

Thank you….great like always

#6651 Reply
              ~~Ariel~~
              Participant

Glad it helped!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #6637 in IBAN fillable field with required exact number of digits
              Your information: