/ Id-Extras Forum / Re-license FitTextToFrame

• Author
  • #6147 Reply
    Old Content
    Participant

I purchased a license for FitTextToFrame for $ 49, but because my computer was damaged, I had to switch to a computer new one. Will I get support to refill FitTextToFrame?
      Thank you !

#6235 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi,
        Your Id-Extras license is linked to your Adobe Creative Cloud account, not to a specific computer.
        So if you make sure to log in to the same Adobe account on the new computer as you were using on the old, damaged computer, there should be no problem activating the script on the new computer.
        See also here: https://www.id-extras.com/reactivation-woes-youve-got-new-computer-doesnt-let-activate-product
        Does that help?
        Thanks,
        Ariel

#6236 Reply
        Old Content
        Participant
          Admin wrote:
          Hi,
          Your Id-Extras license is linked to your Adobe Creative Cloud account, not to a specific computer.
          So if you make sure to log in to the same Adobe account on the new computer as you were using on the old, damaged computer, there should be no problem activating the script on the new computer.
          See also here: https://www.id-extras.com/reactivation-woes-youve-got-new-computer-doesnt-let-activate-product
          Does that help?
          Thanks,
          Ariel

I am using Adobe InDesign version CC 2019-v14.0.2-x64-PORTABLE. So the Id-Extras license is not linked to my Adobe Creative Cloud account.
          So is there a way to backup the Id-Extras license and reuse it when my computer crashes or switch to InDesign CC 2020 – v15?
          Looking forward to receiving a reply from you.
          Thanks

#6237 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

I have never heard of a portable version of InDesign (it sounds like someone might have sold you an unlicensed version). Unfortunately, the way the Id-Extras licenses work, they are linked to a specific Adobe user account. You should be logged onto to your Adobe account when activating the script, and then it will travel with InDesign on whatever computer you activate your account.

#6238 Reply
            Old Content
            Participant

Yes, I am using an unlicensed Indesign version.
              I am also careless, when I finished buying the Id-extras license, I quickly using license without reading the instructions carefully.

I still have records regarding the Fit Text To Frame.2.4.1 license purchase and sale. Can your party assist me in reissuing the license Fit Text To Frame.2.4.1?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            Reply To: Reply #6237 in Re-license FitTextToFrame
            Your information: