/ Id-Extras Forum / Section Stuff weirdness – running it moves the text frame

• Author
  • #6195 Reply
    Yudel
    Participant

I’ve attached a picture of what happens after running SectionStuff. It correctly puts a new section on this page. But it nudges the text frame on every page.

In the attached image, the purple box is the text frame, which is set on the master page. As you can see, the text has shifted.

#6418 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

Hi Yudel,
        The question, as always, in cases like these is: Does the same thing happen to your file if you perform the procedure (of adding and removing the sections) manually?
        If it does, then the issue is not with Section Stuff but with InDesign: Either a bug, or the way InDesign is set up with regard Adjust Layout (and/or the older Layout Adjustment).
        If not, then it may be a Section Stuff issue, although ALL Section Stuff does is programmatically add and remove sections, so TBH it’s unlikely that this is the case. But not impossible!
        Ariel

#6419 Reply
        Yudel
        Participant

Hmm. Happening again (with a different file). Maybe I’m making some basic mistake in setting up text frames? Can I upload/email you the current file where it’s happening?

#6420 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

Sure. Send the file to admin (at) id-extras.com

#6421 Reply
            ~~Ariel~~
            Participant

Hi Yudel,

Thanks for the file – received just now.
              It seems like a weird InDesign bug.
              A workaround: In your document, change the first section (on page 1) to “automatic page numbering” rather than “Start Page Numbering at: 1”.
              If you do that, nothing weird happens when you run Sections Stuff.
              I’ll see if I can program this workaround into the script itself, but for now, that’s the quickest solution, I think.

Ariel

#6422 Reply
              ~~Ariel~~
              Participant

Just a heads-up that the latest version of Sections Stuff (1.7.8) provides a workaround to avoid this InDesign bug. Available as a free upgrade here: https://www.id-extras.com/shopping-cart/my-account/

Ariel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #6420 in Section Stuff weirdness – running it moves the text frame
              Your information: