/ Id-Extras Forum / Tab order not updating on FM export even though correct in ID

• Author
  • #6701 Reply
    Anagoge
    Participant

I have a PDF that I’m exporting via the FM script. The tab order has been set up correctly in ID. For simplicity, the tab order is basically:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

However, when I export to PDF, the tab order becomes:

1, 4, 2, 3, 5

In Acrobat DC, I’ve turned on “Show Tab Numbers” – The tab numbers already show in the correct order, but now I *have* to check “Order Tabs Manually” for them to actually tab correctly.

I’m fairly sure this is an Acrobat DC issue, rather than FM issue, but perhaps one is conflicting with the other? I use FormMaker and DC on a daily basis and this is an issue that’s only been found today.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

#6702 Reply
      Anagoge
      Participant

Nevermind! No sooner than I posted this, I’ve finally found the solution after searching for hours.

Under InDesign’s File > Export menu, “Use Structure for Tab Order” must NOT be checked even though you’re actually exporting via FormMaker’s “Create Interactive PDF” button.

#6744 Reply
        ~~Ariel~~
        Participant

Thanks for posting back with your solution!

This is a good catch!

Indeed, any PDF export settings are still applicable even when using FormMaker. That’s why there’s an option upon export with FormMaker to show the PDF Export Options dialog.

Ariel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #6702 in Tab order not updating on FM export even though correct in ID
        Your information: