/ Id-Extras Forum / Translatation stops

• Author
  • #7393 Reply
    Ana del Pozo

Hi, we are facing a problem when translating from Spanish to English (but it also happens from Spanish to French) using DeepL translate.

The program starts with the translatation but it suddenly stops and shows the error “We apologize, but an error has occured retrieving the translation”.

The error happens after paying for the translation, so we are loosing much money with every test we make.

Can you please help?

Thanks and regards

#7394 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi Ana,

Could you send me the InDesign file to test? (Send it before it’s been translated.)

Thanks,

Ariel

#7400 Reply
        sistemas@grupotkrom.com
        Participant
          #7401 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

Thanks. So, are you choosing to translate “the whole document”, or just the selected text, or story? What option are you using in Translate?

#7402 Reply
            Ariel
            Keymaster

More follow-up: I translated the whole document to “gibberish” (by clicking on the Text button), and that works fine. It takes a long time, though, because each sentence in the document is in a separate, unthreaded text frame, which is not such an efficient way of working, perhaps.

I also selected a bunch of text frames from the first page (probably some 20 frames), and translated all of those (using the option “Translate selected stories only”), and that also worked fine without problems.

Do you know which particular page, or frame, is causing the problem?

#7403 Reply
              Ana del Pozo

Hi, the translation test to “gibberish” works fine, but it does not work when you try to translate it to English or French. I attach a screenshot with the option we are currently using for tranlation: Setting

Thanks

#7411 Reply
                Ana del Pozo

Hi, we installed the new version and now this issue is also solved!! Thanks for your help. Kind regards

#7414 Reply
                  Ariel
                  Keymaster

Hi Ana,

Thanks for following-up and confirming that the issue is solved. Let me know if it recurs at any point!

Ariel

#7421 Reply
                    aelbaz
                    Participant

Hi all.

I have downloaded Translate and the download did not include dictionary and glossary examples. Where can I get them? Thanks in advance.

#7424 Reply
                      Ariel
                      Keymaster

Hi Aelbaz,

Thanks for pointing out the omission.

I’ve added sample glossary and dictionary files to the download package. Please download your Translation Key again (https://www.id-extras.com/shopping-cart/my-account/) and you should see them.

Ariel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      Reply To: Translatation stops
                      Your information: