/ Id-Extras Forum / Translate script is removing the + character

• Author
  • #7373 Reply
    Ana

Hello, we are finding a problem when translating some paragraphs that contain the + character. This character is removed in the English translation. We tried using [[+]] , but still it removed the + in the translated document. We also added the + symbol in the glossary but still it does not work. Can you please tell us how to resolve it?

Thanks and regards

#7376 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi Ana,

I’ll need a few more details:

1. Are you using the DeepL Translate or Google Translate script?

2. Which language are you translating from, and which version of English is the target language?

3. Can you paste the full paragraph that is causing the issue so that I can try it myself?

Thanks,

Ariel

#7391 Reply
        Ana del Pozo

Hi Ariel,

we are using DeepL Translate. We are translating from Spanish to English. We finally solved the issue. Thanks so much. Regards

#7392 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

Hi Ana,

That’s good to hear. Did you figure out what was causing the issue? (It might be helpful for others to know as well.)

Thanks,

Ariel

#7396 Reply
            sistemas@grupotkrom.com
            Participant

Hi, we fix the issue by replacing the + character by the %2b symbol when creating the txt file. And in the glosary we added  the following translation: %2b -> +

This is not a final solucion but at least it works.

Hope this helps other users.

Regards

#7397 Reply
              Ariel
              Keymaster

Interesting. As I mentioned, if you pasted a paragraph with some text that is failing for you, I’ll be happy to test and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

#7407 Reply
                Ariel
                Keymaster

Hi Ana,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I’ve just posted a fix, so please download the latest version of DeepL Translate (it’s version 3.1.4): https://www.id-extras.com/shopping-cart/my-account/

This fixes the issue of + signs turning into spaces. So you should no longer need to use the Dictionary function as a workaround!

Let me know how it goes and if this solves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Ariel

#7412 Reply
                  Ana del Pozo

Hi, with the new version the issue is solved! Thanks and regards

#7413 Reply
                    Ariel
                    Keymaster

Great, thanks for confirming!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Tagged: 

Reply To: Reply #7407 in Translate script is removing the + character
                    Your information: