/ Id-Extras Forum / Using fit text to frame in data merge

• Author
  • #6189 Reply
    andy
    Participant

I have a large mail merge document with thousands of pages and need to run fit text to frame on one of the frames only. Is there a way to assign fit text to the template or at the same time as running the data merge? This is so I don’t need to assign an object style to each of the frames, as this would be too time consuming.

#6390 Reply
      ~~Ariel~~
      Participant

If you apply the object style to the frame in question before running the data merge, does the object style then not carry through to all those frames after the data merge is run? My guess is that it does, though it’s been a while since I’ve done a data merge.
        If that doesn’t work, post back and we’ll think of something else.
        Ariel

#6391 Reply
        andy
        Participant

Hi Ariel,
          I have tried applying this before running the data merge and it doesn’t work. Some of the text with longer names still don’t show in the text frame. Are there any other ways to get around this?

#6392 Reply
          ~~Ariel~~
          Participant

Hi Andy,
            Are you saying that after doing a data merge and running Fit Text, some of the text frames are still overset?
            Do you have Fit Text set to both enlarge and shrink text (as in the screenshot here: https://www.id-extras.com/products/fit-text-to-frame/)?
            Could you post some screenshots of the problem here, or else send me the file privately to have a look at?
            Thanks,
            Ariel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Reply #6392 in Using fit text to frame in data merge
          Your information: