Fully-automated Complex Layouts with Multi-column Footnotes in InDesign made easy!
Footwork is an InDesign add-on that gives complete control over footnote layout.
With Footwork you can:
- Set multi-column footnotes on single-column pages, single column footnotes on multi-column pages, and any other combination of columns you choose!
- New in Version 3: Automatically layout endnotes as footnotes, with all the flexibility that implies!
- Enjoy great flexibility for footnote numbering! For example, if your document contains multiple stories, each with footnotes, the footnote numbering style and starting number can be set independently for each story. In fact, Footwork footnotes don’t have to be referenced with a number at all. The footnote reference can be anything with a character style applied to it, so you can even create footnotes without visible references in the text, which is sometimes necessary for scholarly works.
- Set run-on footnotes! (Run-on footnotes do not each begin a new paragraph or line. Instead, each footnote continues on the same line as the previous footnote.)
- Place footnote references in tables! All table footnotes will appear on the same page as the last row of the table.
- Enjoy more control and flexibility over how space is allocated between the main text and the footnote text! If you care about the quality of your book layout, you need this…
- Use any graphic or vector shape or object for the footnote divider!
- Automate the layout of up to 4 (!) multiple texts per page! (Main text + InDesign’s built-in footnotes with footnote text + ID’s built-in footnotes = 4 texts!)
- Allow a footnote to begin on a different page than the footnote reference (optional, but useful for texts with very long footnotes)! This avoids the familiar large white gaps that can sometimes appear in InDesign between the main text and the footnotes, usually occurring when two footnote references appear too close together in the main text.
Footwork comes with a clear, concise and comprehensive 29-page, fully illustrated User Guide. It is easy to use, and you’ll be up and running in no time … and we’re always here to help! (The full User Guide is included in the demo download.)
The following screenshots demonstrate just three of the infinite layout possibilities that are easy to implement with Footwork.