Apply master pages based on paragraph and object styles
This InDesign add-on lets you link up master pages to paragraph styles and object styles.
With Mastermatic you can make a list of instructions to tell InDesign:
- Wherever paragraph style A appears in the document, apply master page X
- Wherever paragraph style B appears in the document, apply master page Y
- … and so on.
You can do the same with object styles:
- Wherever object style A appears in the document, apply master page X
- Wherever object style B appears in the document, apply master page Y
- etc. etc.
For example, you can now easily have a special master page applied on every page that contains a graphic image, and a different master page applied to every page that has a “Chapter Title” paragraph style, and so on.
But the best part of it is that it will update automatically while you work!*
Unlike a traditional InDesign script, this script can keep track of your document while you work and update the master pages as needed – automatically! So if your text reflows, or you move a graphic to a different page, the appropriate master page will be applied automatically while you continue to work. It’s truly MASTERMATIC!
Here’s a screenshot, showing the various options:
- Create as many paragraph style–master page pairs as you need.
- Create as many object style–master page pairs as you need.
- “Live Update” – InDesign will continuously monitor your document, and apply the correct master pages as needed.*
- Choose a default master page for all other pages.
- Choose a master page to apply to all blank pages.
- Ignore the first X number of pages at the start of the document (often, preliminary pages have a specific set of master pages applied whose order never changes).
- All your settings are stored in the document, so you do not need to set them up more than once.
New In Version 1.2
Version 1.2 introduces an incredibly powerful, but simple, feature: “Sticky” master pages. Checking the box next to each style–master pair will cause that master page to be applied until the next change!
Here’s a practical example: You are designing a directory with four coloured sections. Pages 1-50 are blue, 51-100 green, and so on. You can now set Mastermatic to keep on applying the blue-section master until it reaches the green section, and so on.
Click here to download a demo of the latest version of Mastermatic. You may run the demo version up to 10 times.
To purchase the full version of Mastermatic for only $57, click the “Buy Now” button. Your product and serial numbers will be available for instant download when you complete the purchase.
If you are not satisfied with Mastermatic for any reason, simply let us know within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.