/ Id-Extras Forum / Designating a field as rich text formatting

• Author
  • #7467 Reply
    kateburgener
    Participant

Is it possible to use FormMaker Pro (or InDesign, if I’m missing the tool somewhere) to set a field as “Allow Rich Text Formatting”? This doesn’t come up often, but I’m so spoiled by how much FormMaker speeds up my process that I barely need to touch the PDF in Acrobat after export, so remembering to set any number of fields to RTF for this client who prefers them on each draft or while testing features is going to trip me up!

Thanks so much!

#7469 Reply
      Ariel
      Keymaster

Hi Kate,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

Yes, with FormMaker (and FormMagic) it is possible to designate a field as being rich text. (It’s not possible with InDesign alone, though.)

Here are all the details: https://www.id-extras.com/help/formmagic/#:~:text=5.%20%C2%A0%20Rich%20Text%20Fields

Thanks,

Ariel

#7471 Reply
        kateburgener
        Participant

Oh, gotcha, thanks! If there is a way to eventually make that a tick box on the FormMaker dialogue box instead, I would prefer that because I’ll need to clear the pre-populated text out of the PDF after creation (even spaces), but this is a good workaround for now!

#7472 Reply
          Ariel
          Keymaster

f there is a way to eventually make that a tick box on the FormMaker dialogue box instead, I would prefer that

Not yet, but I’m working on including the entire Appearance tab and Options tab in FormMaker, so it should be there…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Designating a field as rich text formatting
          Your information: